- Doomsday mom Lori Vallow was arrested in Hawaii, according to the Kaua’i Police Department.
- Her bail is set at $5 million.
- Two of her children, Tylee Ryan, 17, and Joshua Vallow, 7, have been missing since September.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Doomsday mom Lori Vallow was arrested in Hawaii on Thursday for multiple charges including two felony counts of desertion and nonsupport of dependent children, Fox News reported.
Vallow is being held on $5 million bail, the Kaua’i Police Department said in a statement on Twitter. Other charges against her include resisting or obstructing police officers, criminal solicitation to commit a crime, and contempt of court.
She was arrested by Kaua’i police on a warrant issued by Madison County, Idaho, after she and her husband Chad Daybell did not show up with their two kids to child welfare workers last month. Her children have been missing since September.
Vallow and Daybell have been on the run since November after being questions by police about their missing children.
Insider previous reported that police found the couple in Hawaii last month after searching for months.
Police do not believe the two kids, Joshua Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, are in Hawaii, according to Fox.
Vallows fourth husband, Charles Vallow, her brother Alex Cox, and Daybells former wife Tammy have all died with the past nine months.
A doomsday forum helped bring the couple together, Insider previously reported, and Daybell has written 25 doomsday books.
- Read more:
- Inside Preparing a People, the doomsday prepper group Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell were involved in
- Doomsday couple Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell were found vacationing in Hawaii — but their kids are still nowhere to be found
- Doomsday author Chad Daybell claims his deceased wife helped him ‘reconnect’ with new wife Lori Vallow
- Lori Vallow didn’t meet the Thursday deadline to turn her kids over to the state. Their grandma believes the ‘monster’ will face consequences.