When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- As people around the world shelter in place and avoid group gatherings and non-essential travel in response to the novel coronavirus, all large social events are canceled until further notice.
- That sadly includes weddings, and many engaged couples have had to cancel romantic ceremonies, elaborate receptions, and long-planned honeymoons.
- For those with postponed honeymoons, a few hotels are offering creative solutions with honeymoon-at-home care packages that deliver a luxury honeymoon experience to your door. They cost just under $500 and include a $250 gift certificate towards a future stay.
- Read all Business Insider travel reviews here.
As people around the world shelter in place at home and avoid group gatherings and non-essential travel in response to the novel coronavirus, so much of day-to-day life has changed. In most places, offices are closed and social events are canceled until further notice.
That sadly includes weddings. Couples who planned their big days months or years in advance have had to swap save-the-dates for change-the-dates to a TBD day in the future. Along with canceling romantic ceremonies and elaborate receptions, engaged couples have also had to postpone long-planned honeymoons.
But some couples have chosen to move forward in creative ways, opting to marry in a small, intimate ceremony now, and celebrate with family, friends, and honeymoons later.
Governor Cuomo even signed an order allowing New Yorkers to obtain marriage licenses virtually, and for officiants to perform Zoom wedding ceremonies remotely. And while you might not be able to hop on a virtual honeymoon as easily, a few hotels are trying to find ways to help couples celebrate their unions with a honeymoon-at-home gift package.
Hidden Pond Resort in Kennebunkport, Maine, and Isla Bella Beach Resort in the Florida Keys are two properties offering such services. They each launched a “Honeymoon at Home” package, which boxes up a version of the luxe experience the hotel would otherwise provide on-property, and are delivering it right to your doorstep, including a $250 gift card for a future stay. These packages are worthy self-care indulgences for any disappointed couples with canceled plans, and also make great gifts to lift spirits, inspire future travel, and support hospitality and independent hotels.
Hidden Pond Maine
And if you’re still seeking inspiration for a future honeymoon or romantic retreat, both resorts are worth considering.
Hidden Pond Resort is comprised of a collection of luxury cottages and bungalows in coastal Maine, situated on 60-acres of birch forest. Perks include a sumptuous spa, an organic garden, two pools, a farm-to-fork restaurant, and a sleek bar. Hiking trails, biking, paddle boarding, yoga, and other relaxing services are all readily available. If that sounds great, consider purchasing (or gifting) a Honeymoon at Home from Hidden Pond, which costs $499 plus shipping, and includes a $250 gift card towards a future stay. The package is presented in a wooden box that includes all of the following, and can be purchased here:
- $250 gift card for a future stay at Hidden Pond
- 2 sets of Hidden Pond robes and slippers
- Hidden Pond special blend coffee
- Pair of Hidden Pond mugs
- Hidden Pond’s house-made trail mix from the on-site Earth restaurant
- ½ dozen s’more macaroons from Earth restaurant
- Bath flakes and lotion from the Tree Spa at Hidden Pond
- Sea Love Candle
- Birch tree candle holder
- Maine-themed puzzle
- Jar of “Spoonful of Sunshine” honey from Fun Wreckers Farm in Kennebunkport
- Instant camera to capture moments
If you’d rather picture yourself somewhere tropical, Isla Bella Beach Resort is the first five-star, full-service luxury resort in the Middle Florida Keys surrounded by acres of private shoreline including one mile of powder sand beach, three restaurants, five swimming pools, over 24,000 square feet of meeting and event space, as well as on-site water sports, fishing, and a marina. Rooms boast private balconies and breathtaking Atlantic Ocean views. The resort is two hours from Miami, one hour from Key West, and minutes from the Marathon International Airport in the Keys. If you’re thinking of making a trip of it, be sure to read our guides to the best hotels in Miami and the best hotels in Key West.
Isla Bella’s Honeymoon at Home package costs $443 (with a $250 gift card) plus shipping and can be purchased by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 305-481-945. The package includes:
- $250 gift card for a future stay at Isla Bella
- 2 Spongelle Sponges
- 2 Spongelle Foot Pumice Stones
- Aqua de Soi Candle or Isla Bella Candle
- Spongelle Hand Cream or lotion
- Molton Brown Men’s travel set
- Molton Brown Women’s travel set
- A locally-made ceramic plate with 2020 engraved
- Isla Bella coaster set of 4
- Isabella Vim + Vigor candle
- Isla Bella wine topper
- Cocktail kit
- By The Sea Knot Frame
- Florida Keys Salt Scrub
- Stuffed Isla Bella manatee
Once you’ve received your honeymoon-at-home package, turn on one of these Zoom travel backgrounds, mix up a craft cocktail from top hotels around the world, and wrap yourself up in any of these products that will upgrade your home to a five-star hotel.
Need more honeymoon inspiration for when it’s safe to travel? Read Business Insider’s list of the best honeymoon destinations and hotels that are luxe, but still affordable.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
I’m an Activist. I love justice and equality, love beyond colors, and oneness that transcends borders. Welcome to my world.